PSU noise level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there everybody
I was deciding which one to buy from the two psu's corsair cx430 and vs450. The vs450 was a little cheaper but I ultimately bought the cx430 as I was told it was better quality than the vs450. I was reading the specifications chart and I found out that the vs450 is noisier than the cx430(36.1dB vs 30.5 dB) at full load as well.
My question is that, how much noise is 30.5 dB really? How much noisier is the vs450 than this? And which is the ideal noise level that I should be looking for? I found the quietest corsair had to offer was the rm450 (21.1 dB at full load).

That is not available in our country AND it's WAY too costly.
I'd rather prefer the RM450 which is double the price of the cx430 and delivers 37.5 A at +12v(i.e. the full 450 W) but that is not available either.

What I really want to know is that some power supplies are given as 39 dB also, which I imagine could be pretty noisy. As I would be buying a graphics card that has a fan(my 210 is passively cooled) for the first time, I could decide better looking at the noise levels of the various cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS