Question PSU not working on a specific computer

Zerohmaru

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

I bought a PSU on eBay to use properly my new 2070 but the PSU don't work, my computer gives me fault code of motherboard, the thing is with the stock PSU works fine and the new PSU works on other computers, it just don't work on the one I'm interested
In case of being necessary I own a Dell Precision T3600 and the new PSU is Cooler Master Silent Pro 80 Plus Bronze 1000W

Thank you for your help

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
so it doesnt even turn on? or does the fans start up?

i Think they might have wired their Power supply different than a normal psu, that is the problem.
As you can see here this guy needed to use a Power adaptor to get it working.
He also had to rewire the Cables on the adaptor to get it working.

Last edited:

Zerohmaru

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
so it doesnt even turn on? or does the fans start up?
No, nothing happens, at the moment I turn on the PSU the orange LEDs turn on and nothing else happens

I noticed that is the same code that appears when I disconnect the PSU and try to turn on the PC (the little amount of energy remaining in the PC)

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
ok the problem is that the psu is wired different than a normal psu, if your not skille with computers to fix this best you can do is their 620 w psu.
Look at the link i posted in the message above.

Zerohmaru

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
ok the problem is that the psu is wired different than a normal psu, if your not skille with computers to fix this best you can do is their 620 w psu.
Look at the link i posted in the message above.
Oh, so the wires that use the T3600 on energy are different than "normal (typical ATX)" computers?
And to make it work good I should follow the steps to put it on the right way

If that's the point, could I reverse it? I plan to use this PSU on T3600 until I switch computer on November

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
you have to rewire the wires like that guy did , i wouldnt do this if you havent tried it Before. the wires need to be solderd so its alot of work.
if you know somebody that got long expereince of computers they might be able to do it for you.

Zerohmaru

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
you have to rewire the wires like that guy did , i wouldnt do this if you havent tried it Before. the wires need to be solderd so its alot of work.
if you know somebody that got long expereince of computers they might be able to do it for you.
I really appreciate your help, I don't know how you found all these information, I was searching for days.
As I plan to keep the PSU I see that the better idea is to wait until I have the new computer which will work fine.

Thank you for your help

Zerohmaru

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
no worries.
is the psu your using now bad? you might be able to run low Power grapchis cardl ike gtx 1050 ti , gtx 1650 on it.

It is working good for now, but I don't know if 635W is enough for a Xeon E5-2670 and a 2070

Also I use an adapter of 6 to 8 pin for the GPU and I heard that it can be bad to the GPU so I thought about changing it and bought it without knowing that isssue