Jun 19, 2019
I just built a new pc and it won't start up at all. The mobo is a B450-F and the PSU is a Corsair RM750X. I tried putting a be quiet! 600W in there and it works perfectly.

Neither of the PSUs are on this mobo's QVL list, but how important is that in this case anyway? I mean there's no code in a PSU, right? It just has to physically fit, no?

However, like I said, none of these are on the QVL yet one of them works with this mobo. I just had the RM750X tested today by the retailer and there is nothing wrong with it. This is so frustrating... What can I do?

Should a Corsair RM750X work with a B450-F?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

QVL is only really relevant to RAM modules (and CPU depending on how you look at it). PSUs are standardised to ATX specification. Usually there will be a seperate Memory support list and a seperate CPU support list. Not a PSU support list.

What is your full system spec exactly?
When you say it won't start, what exactly happens?

Reactions: PontusKR
Jun 19, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

QVL is only really relevant to RAM (and CPU depending on how you look at it) modules. PSUs are standardised to ATX specification.
What is your full system spec exactly?
When you say it won't start, what exactly happens?

Absolutely nothing happens, it's as if the PSU isn't plugged in at all, the retailer tested this PSU with the same cables as well... If I plug in the 600w be quiet, the mobo is lit up and I can boot just fine, I've installed windows and a bunch of stuff on it already, seems to be nothing wrong except when I use the rm750x...

Specs:
B450-F
Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1060 6GB
Intel 660p m.2
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3200MHz

Jun 19, 2019
If it's a new build I would just RMA the RM750X - you never know the conditions that the shop tested it, and if it works completely perfectly with another PSU, then just RMA the PSU.

Well now that you mention it, I did get a completely new one even if there was "nothing wrong with it". It has to be the model... or sorcery. Again, this is so frustrating...