[SOLVED] PSU Not Working

Jul 7, 2019
I recently acquired a lightly used GTX 560 Ti and wanted to use it, however, I needed a stronger power supply, so I bought a new Solid Gear 500W unit with <75 effiency typical. which worked fine for my friend and Reddit said it works normally, I did this only because my budget was very tight. I got the power supply, put it in, plugged the cables to the motherboard and CPU, and left out the GPU just to see if it would boot, upon which if it did boot, I would plug it into the GPU, after plugging the cables in, I turned on the PSU and the fans spin for about half a second and then stops, and nothing else happens, no lights light up, nothing. plugging into GPU doesn't help, but if I use my old power supply and plug everything in, including my old GPU, everything works fine, my old power supply even works on the new GPU to a degree where the fans would spin consistently but since I only have one of the power cables in, nothing else would happen. This is strange and reading other threads led me to believe this might be an issue with the PSU itself? I am not willing to do anything with paper clips because I dont want to damage the unit since I might return it. (Side note may be helpful, the PSU I got only had 4 pin CPU cable and my CPU needs 8 pins, however, I thought it should still work, albeit at lower efficiency, can you guys confirm?) Any help is appreciated.

Current Specs: (This is a prebuilt PC that I had received for free.)
Motherboard: Dell Precision T3600 (24 pin)
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1620
Graphics Card: Nvidia Quadro 4000
Memory: 4x 2Gb DDR3
PSU: Dell 425W