Question PSU option for mini-pc DIY build (also battery powered) ?

Mar 31, 2022
Hi all! After my first post talking about my future DIY build's battery solution, i'm here again asking your advice.
I came to the idea of building a mini-pc with a MicroAtx inside for the ability to be upgraded in the future. The idea is to be powered by a 250-300w external power supply (maybe the ones used in LED strips or 3d printers),then to a battery pack (trickle charge with low voltage to keep them charged below max limit) and finally to picoPSU powering the motherboard.

Unfortunately i don't really trust this small device to power my motherboard,most of the available in EU Picopsu are below 200w (<160 real consumption) and HDPLEX isn't available anywhere:(
Can't think of an alternative even being a very DIY lover and love to make my own stuff. SFX PSUs aren't an option for the reason that i want to make it also battery charged (Except if you can think a way to make it work like that)

I want a PicoPSU alternative that can support lets say 300w

Mar 31, 2022
Instead of stating, lets say , why not give us a concrete number or baseline of what you want to power? You could look into HDPlex's PSU's that are small but also offer 400W of power and slightly more but you're going to have to have adequate airflow=cooling, to keep that unit happy.
Instead of stating, lets say , why not give us a concrete number or baseline of what you want to power? You could look into HDPlex's PSU's that are small but also offer 400W of power and slightly more but you're going to have to have adequate airflow=cooling, to keep that unit happy.
I want my system to have the prospect to run with an i5-i7 processor even OC. Let's say i need it to be able to provide 200-250w safe. As i mentined HDPLEX isn;t available anywhere, espeically in Europe. And also even if i find it and its above 100euros isn't into my budget