Psu or dust problem?

Dean92

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
Hi everyone, i have had my pc for around a year and half, but recently i have been getting a strange smell that comes and goes every now and again when sat near the computer that is barely noticable. When i smell the cpu it has a smell but i cant really explain it, im not sure if it is a heat smell or a normal smell for working electrical parts or if there is something wrong with it. Also i will note, yesterday when i switched on my pc from psu switch a spark flew out of the back, i never usually use the i/o switch on the back so not sure if it was just a shock to the psu as it never happens when i turn it on from the power button as i usually just leave the i/o switch set to on. Any help would be appreciated and i will post my system specs below, thanks.

I7 4790k 4ghz
Corsair rm850x psu
8gb vengeance ram
arctic cooler cpu fan
gtx 970 gpu

Dean92

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
The gpu and cpu temps seem fine even under load theres no smoke or anything coming from computer parts. Im not sure wether to send it back on warranty or not as it will cost me £40 if they find no fault

well not i am not saying send it for warranty and DAMN
:D 40 Euro???
They charge if there is no fault thats fucked up service there

I had previosly the h100I when my CPU is under full load and the fans i have set to the Silent mode for the radiator the CPU stays kind of cool but as soon as i start the fans to full speed with the airflow i can also smell like some heat as i mentioned above like ironing the cloths

TRENDING THREADS