[SOLVED] psu or gpu failure

Pibi86

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Hi I hope someone can help, i recently moved house and have had a big problem with gaming pc. When i play games my pc just cuts out as if the power just cuts out. I have reseated my cpu and gpu and applied fresh thermal paste to the cpu. I have monitored my temps and there is nothing abnormal. Cpu is running at 35c on idle and no more than 50-60c under load, gpu is running at 40c ish on idle and doesn't run higher than 60c before it cuts out. I used to get random cutouts before moving home but very rarely (once a month maybe). I have cleaned out all the dust from my system with compressed air. My only conclusion is that the psu is giving up (4years old now) but I do not have resources to test this. I was just wondering if anyone who has experience in troubleshooting would have any idea or suggestion?

Solution
The PSU was the problem I was gifted a new one and it has fixed the problem... Thanks for the input... Guess Il do my own research from now instead of asking people that actually know something about pcs.

Pibi86

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Also there is no artefacting, it just runs then cuts out, it will play left for dead2 for like 1 minute (actually in game) pubg wont even hit the main menu

Pibi86

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
I believe it the PSU is the issue. Today I tested the molex with a mulimeter and it was at 11.9v with the system on idle and jumping up and down wildly, never exceeding or hitting 12v on posting. I swapped out a borrowed mobo and had the same results. Only thing left is to try another psu when I have the funds. If anyone has any suggestions that I may have missed I will try those.

Pibi86

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
The PSU was the problem I was gifted a new one and it has fixed the problem... Thanks for the input... Guess Il do my own research from now instead of asking people that actually know something about pcs.

Solution