[SOLVED] PSU or GPU failure?

Nov 10, 2020
Hello,
I have been having problems with my pc for a while but i don't really understand the logic of my issues! I have an MSI AERO ITX gtx1050 ti gpu and for most part it works just fine but i sometimes just get random gpu restarts or entire pc crashes. If that happens after my pc restarts the gpu is very unstable and keeps crashing to even the browser or even the start menu! Weirdly enough if i restart my pc like 20 time in a row it start working fine again??? I think it could be a psu problem but at the same time it could just be the gpu dying and acting insanely weird. If you know whats wrong please help! Thank you in advance!

(my other specs are i7 3770 , 8gb ram)

Solution
PSU can fail ata any time. Your PSU has a max output of 390w in the 12v rails. If it was a refurbished PC, that means that there was something wrong with it and it got "repaired". Maybe they didn't quite solve the problem and it has returned?

Check your temps for CPU and GPU idle and while gaming with HWinfo sensors only. If the temps are high then it can cause sudden shutdowns or black screens. CPU is old enough to be a suspect of dried thermal paste and it can also happens to GPU as well.

You can use DDU in safe mode to completely uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers. Use this guide:

If those doesn't help and you can't...
Nov 10, 2020
I hope what i have put bellow is alright
CPU: i7 3770 @ 3.4Ghz
Motherboard: HP Z220 Tower Motherboard (i really wasn't able to find an actual model name anywhere)
RAM: 2x4GB SK Hynix 1Rx8 PC3L-12800U
GPU: MSI AERO ITX GTX 1050 ti
PSU: Delta DPS-400AB-13 A
I don't think storage matters but just in case: Kingston A400 120gb, Segate baracuda 500gb (st500dm002)

Let me guess, the 1050 Ti was an upgrade of yours right? Prebuilts are notorious of having crappy PSUs that can only support the hardware already in the system and nothing else/more.
You can try the GPU in another system to make sure but I do believe it's the PSU's fault.

Nov 10, 2020
Well i got the pc refurbished it came with the card already installed and was running perfectly until some months ago. The PSU is technically 400w and the 1050ti is a pretty low power consumption GPU. Also i remembered, if you run the GPU fan low after some time it won't go back to full speed. I don't have any other system to try it into and even if i had these problems only sometimes occur so i would have to do long term testing. Do you have any other tips or ideas?

PSU can fail ata any time. Your PSU has a max output of 390w in the 12v rails. If it was a refurbished PC, that means that there was something wrong with it and it got "repaired". Maybe they didn't quite solve the problem and it has returned?

Check your temps for CPU and GPU idle and while gaming with HWinfo sensors only. If the temps are high then it can cause sudden shutdowns or black screens. CPU is old enough to be a suspect of dried thermal paste and it can also happens to GPU as well.

You can use DDU in safe mode to completely uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers. Use this guide:

If those doesn't help and you can't use your GPU in another system or put another PSU in yours, I can't think of anything else.

Solution
Nov 10, 2020
i think i found the problem, it's both ( . _ . )
i'm not 100% sure but i have a 500W psu i tested the gpu with and got same results but it's quite old too, i'm getting a new one probably by Thursday and i will confirm on the the gpu but the old psu is totally dead can't even start the pc up anymore

Also how can i set this thread as solved?