[SOLVED] PSU or GPU not enough power?

doohs

Honorable
May 10, 2014
Hi, im currently having a two issues with my PC.The first one is my PC suddenly shutdown and after rebooting, it only detected one of 5 drives only.Sometimes it only detected the SSD, sometimes only the HDD.I need to put out the sata cable one by one and then it detected all of the drives back.
The second problem is, while im gaming.The display suddenly blackout but my PC is running, the audio too.Im using triple monitor and i put out the other 2 monitor still the same.
Could it be because of the power from the PSU or GPU?

My Spec is :-

Ryzen 5 2600
Asrock B450m HDV
8GB DDR4 3200mhz x 2
GTX1070 (ex mining)
Adata 256GB M.2 NVME (Windows)
120GB SSD x 2
240GB SSD x 2
500GB 5.4kRPM HDD x 1
Fractal Design 550W Bronze PSU

Solution
Latest update :-
I give my 1070 to my friend to test it out and work just fine and right now im using my friend RX470.Guess what?Now the first problem like i mention above happened.Just a random reboot and didnt detect main drive for windows
Now i started to think this must be something with the motherboard or windows its self.

Miners do most of the time vflash their cards to optimize it for better power consumption versus net gain. Maybe something to look into if you wanna play around with the card if you want to keep it as a secondary or resell
Hi, im currently having a two issues with my PC.The first one is my PC suddenly shutdown and after rebooting, it only detected one of 5 drives only.Sometimes it only detected the SSD, sometimes only the HDD.I need to put out the sata cable one by one and then it detected all of the drives back.
The second problem is, while im gaming.The display suddenly blackout but my PC is running, the audio too.Im using triple monitor and i put out the other 2 monitor still the same.
Could it be because of the power from the PSU or GPU?

My Spec is :-

Ryzen 5 2600
Asrock B450m HDV
8GB DDR4 3200mhz x 2
GTX1070 (ex mining)
Adata 256GB M.2 NVME (Windows)
120GB SSD x 2
240GB SSD x 2
500GB 5.4kRPM HDD x 1
Fractal Design 550W Bronze PSU
The 1070 was used before to mine cryptocurrency? If so it may be on its last leg as 24 hour use is equal to 3 days of heavy gaming. 1 year of crypto mining is at least 3 years of gaming and I’d never touch a GPU used in mining. The PSU has pretty decent reviews for a bronze unit. I’d say it’s probably GPU related.

Reactions: doohs

doohs

Honorable
May 10, 2014
The 1070 was used before to mine cryptocurrency? If so it may be on its last leg as 24 hour use is equal to 3 days of heavy gaming. 1 year of crypto mining is at least 3 years of gaming and I’d never touch a GPU used in mining. The PSU has pretty decent reviews for a bronze unit. I’d say it’s probably GPU related.
yeah, i thought so because everytime the display is blackout i can heard the gpu fans spinning fast and sometimes the color on my monitor change a bit.About the the first problem, do u think there's connection between em?

doohs

Honorable
May 10, 2014
I think it just has to do with the bad shutdown. Once you clear that up, the hard drive connections shouldn’t be an issue.

I give my 1070 to my friend to test it out and work just fine and right now im using my friend RX470.Guess what?Now the first problem like i mention above happened.Just a random reboot and didnt detect main drive for windows
Now i started to think this must be something with the motherboard or windows its self.

MSYF27

Prominent
Apr 2, 2019

Miners do most of the time vflash their cards to optimize it for better power consumption versus net gain. Maybe something to look into if you wanna play around with the card if you want to keep it as a secondary or resell

Solution
Could always try reinstalling windows fresh and seeing how it goes.

doohs

Honorable
May 10, 2014
Guys, i think i found the culprit.After list down all the component that might the main problem, i found that the ATX 24pin custom sleeves is the problem.It might be loose a bit after i installing SSD.I put it out and only use the original ATX cable.I can use and gaming like normal.

Thank you guys for the helps!

Reactions: bmockeg