Question Psu or gpu??

• Thread starter Deleted member 2928646
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2928646

I have rtx2060 running on 500w apex psu using 6 to8 pin adapter...ran good for 2yrs...now suddenly under gpu load computer rebooting..I think psu is going bad but want to be sure as I have no replacement parts to test. Any help would be appreciated

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Junk PSUs fail. Hopefully it's the PSU failing/crashing and not the RTX 2060 failing, something far more likely because you're using a junk PSU. You can't know for sure without testing; you don't actually know it was working fine for two years because damage caused by a PSU can be a slow process, not just a quick process.

D

Deleted member 2928646

Thanks that's what I was thinking..I know it was no a good psu... iBuyPower so they probably cheaped out on psu..I'm gonna try that first .cause widows runs fine with no load. But minute..I put load on reboot back to windows screen ..thanks I'll get back when I replace psu...

D

Deleted member 2928646

Junk PSUs fail. Hopefully it's the PSU failing/crashing and not the RTX 2060 failing, something far more likely because you're using a junk PSU. You can't know for sure without testing; you don't actually know it was working fine for two years because damage caused by a PSU can be a slow process, not just a quick process.
Thanks..that's what I figured...I will buy better psu and keep my fingers crossed...