[SOLVED] PSU overheating

Oct 1, 2021
I bought my new PSU in jaunary this year its RPC 600w peak power 560w and i use it for my RX470 and AMD RYZEN 3 3200g SSD 240gb
I worked perfectly, but 3 days ago PSU started emiting some weird noises and got back to normal i tought nothing of it bc it was for about 12 seconds but day after that my PC started shuting down and booting back up right away It happend 2 times aproximetly when i took it serious
When that happens weird smells comes out of PSU
Im monitoring my fans and CPU and GPU everything is perfect as it was
BTW my PSU fan if facing downwards at the CPU

Solution
you must keep in mind that saving money on your power supply can very well mean risking a lot more considering the fact that you may be sacrificing all of the components connected to it.
BTW my PSU fan if facing downwards at the CPU
which means it takes all the heat from CPU
PSUs these days have one big fan and they are positioned at bottom of case and they have really low operating temperatures
old cases where PSU is placed at top used small fan at back psu side
PC-Power-Supply-250W-for-ATX-Computer-Desktop-Customize.jpg

its not like you cant use modern psu with big fan inside retro pc case, but high power drain will make them run outside of theirs operating temperatures, which drains their life
am not even talking yet about your poor psu choice selection
but if psu is acting up, u will need to replace it, and if you want to make your next psu survive gaming, replacing pc case is advised

Oct 1, 2021
which means it takes all the heat from CPU
PSUs these days have one big fan and they are positioned at bottom of case and they have really low operating temperatures
old cases where PSU is placed at top used small fan at back psu side
PC-Power-Supply-250W-for-ATX-Computer-Desktop-Customize.jpg

its not like you cant use modern psu with big fan inside retro pc case, but high power drain will make them run outside of theirs operating temperatures, which drains their life
am not even talking yet about your poor psu choice selection
but if psu is acting up, u will need to replace it, and if you want to make your next psu survive gaming, replacing pc case is advised
It was only thing i could buy at that time because i didn't have much money

Oct 1, 2021
Makes no difference, it's a poor unit. And the one you've just ordered, got a link to it? Because that doesn't sound promising either.
And molex to PCI-e or sata?

You make the same mistake again by buying another bad PSU.
https://www.winwin.rs/napajanje-750w-falcon-gaming-fgc-750-8626509.html

TRENDING THREADS