Psu poblem, Please help!

Gurrish

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
Well the problem is I am in need of a PSU for my GTX 750ti but the most recomended PSU out there is the XFX TS SERIES 550W, but they don't do shipping to Puerto Rico (Where i currently live) and the only place that they do sell it is on ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/XFX-TS-Series-P1550SXXB9-550W-ATX12V-2-2-ESP12V-2-91-SLI-Ready-CrossFire-Ready-/121479870345?pt=PCA_UPS&hash=item1c48c3b789

The thing is i dont know if to take the risk and buy that PSU or buy another PSU for my PC on Newegg or Amazon like the Corsair CX500 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092ML0MY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I am in need of help i am confused, please help. My pc specs -

GPU- EVGA GTX 750TI SC

CPU- AMD A6-6400K APU

MOTHERBOARD - GIGABYTE F2A78M-D3H

RAM- HYPER X 5GB

SSD- SAMNSUNG 125GB

HDD- 500GB

Solution
This is a tough call. You could benefit from that CPU, since it's one of the best or maybe even THE best FM2+ processors, but if you have that kind of money, you're probably better off saving $50 more and getting the FX-6300 and a cheap micro ATX mobo, such as this one: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a78lmusb3
Beware that it doesn't have Crossfire support though. You'll need a full ATX mobo if you want to crossfire. The FX-6300 is an amazing processor, so you would be set up for whatever GPU you buy in the future.
If I were you, I'd just get the RAM, and have a good time while saving up some money for that mobo and FX.
Your system doesn't require much power. A quality PSU rated at 350W minimum is recommended.

Some suggested PSU's available from Newegg or Amazon -

Rosewill Capstone 450. Non-modular.
SeaSonic S12II 430. Also non-modular and it has two +12V rails which means loads (components) have to be connected carefully between the two rails to minimize possibility of overloading one rail.
SeaSonic G360. Non-modular unit.
Rosewill Capstone 450M. Modular unit.
SeaSonic G450. Modular unit.

Gurrish

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014

One of the reasons i want a 500w or + is becouse i know that in the future i will want to eventually keep upgrading my Desktop so i want a lastings PSU for thos types of situtation or maybe a more powerfull GPU and CPU

Gurrish

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014

What RAM and CPU do you recommend for this? Also something economical and good

gab_th

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010

Forget about the CPU, I got mixed up. Yours is more or less good enough for the card, and in any event, you would have a hard time upgrading it since your motherboard has a somewhat outdated socket (no AM3+ support, it seems). As for the RAM, I think 8 GB would be enough. Your description of it is not clear though. Do you mean you have 5GB? Or 2x 5?

Gurrish

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014

I have 5GB RAM in total, and about the Motherboard, do you think is best to upgrade it or what should i do?

gab_th

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010

No no, you can stick with it for now. However, the next time you upgrade your graphics card, you'll probably need a new CPU to avoid bottlenecking your GPU, and if that is the case, then you will have to change your motherboard. But until then, just buy some RAM and you're good to go.

Gurrish

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014

Okay and what do you think about the AMD Athlon X860K, it has FM2+, do you think it would be best in my case, just so that my GPU doesnt bottleneck with the CPU?

gab_th

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
This is a tough call. You could benefit from that CPU, since it's one of the best or maybe even THE best FM2+ processors, but if you have that kind of money, you're probably better off saving $50 more and getting the FX-6300 and a cheap micro ATX mobo, such as this one: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a78lmusb3
Beware that it doesn't have Crossfire support though. You'll need a full ATX mobo if you want to crossfire. The FX-6300 is an amazing processor, so you would be set up for whatever GPU you buy in the future.
If I were you, I'd just get the RAM, and have a good time while saving up some money for that mobo and FX.

Solution