Question PSU power cable works on monitor but doesn't work on my PC ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 19, 2021
so my psu wont jump start when i do the paper clip test. but when i plug in the same power cord from my psu into my monitor it works! so my power cord isn't the problem...im thinking is it my 24pin connectors an all other pc cables (mobo, sata, gpu cables) that are somehow not working? plz help ive been dealing eith this for 2 weeks and i cant figure out why my pc wont turn on.

pc specs:
gigabyte b450 ds3h mobo
radeon rx 5600xt gpu
evga 650ga 80+gold psu (fully modular)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Might be motherboard, would be great to see a photo of the motherboard with it's connections to make sure all is connected well. If you want to could you make some photo's of different parts of the motherboard and upload them to imgur, but that is up to you.

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

yes, i had left all the origional EVGA cables plugged into my mobo so my wire management in the back would be intact lol so none of the wires were moved or unplugged from the mobo. i also just tried shorting the power on prongs on my mobo and still wont power on. could mobo be the issue?
Could be the mobo but only connect essential like only your system drive if you have more than one.