Question PSU power/reset button not working randomly

Worfs

Distinguished
May 31, 2015
I came back to my PC after locking it and logged back in and was reading DIscord when the display just cut out randomly. I tried plugging in another monitor, still no display, so I press the restart button and nothing happened. I pressed it several times actually and still nothing. So I held down the power button for 20 seconds straight and still nothing. I had to flip the switch on the PSU to force it off. When I flipped it back on there was a popping noise from I don't know what. This has happened already once weeks ago also, I was doing nothing intense but there was no popping that time. Anyone have ANY idea whats going on? I am clueless as to where to start :(
My power supply is a Corsair HX1000i and GPU is a GTX1070

Worfs

Distinguished
May 31, 2015
Sorry about the slow reply
My motherboard is a msi gaming plus x470
RAM is VENGEANCE® RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16
CPU is Ryzen 5 2600x
I have a Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB for storage
CPU is cooled by a H115i pro if that matters
Nothing overclocked as I am still looking into that before I tweak any settings
I don't have a secondary power supply on hand but I could ask a friend for a spare to swap out but I don't even know how to trigger the conditions that caused the PC to lose display and refuse reboot/shut off
It works perfectly normal besides this

Worfs

Distinguished
May 31, 2015
So I figured out the problem, at least part of it. Windows restarted my PC for updates and for some reason I lose my Display Port connection when that happens. Reason I wasn't getting HDMI display is because the cable was bad. I also disabled the power/reset button a while ago for some reason I don't remember. Guess I will look up how to fix the DP connection cutting out, at least I don't need a new PSU :)