CosmicJoshotron

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
SYSTEM: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Msi Rx 6600 8GB
B450M Ds3H wifi motherboard
2x8gb vengeance ddr4 ram
700w thermal take 80plus smart series psu

I tried 2 Apevia psus off of Amazon, the first one didn’t boot at all, second one only booted up the cpu fan and the connected case fan. I have a splitter for 3 other fans that plug into the system fan slot, none of those as well as my gpu are booting. In between the first and second Apevia GPU I used my old 400w EVGA psu and it booted the cpu fan and the gpu fans turned on but the system fans didn’t. Now, only the cpu fan is turning on. This is the third psu that I’m trying and it’s all having the same issues. I have even gone back and retested the 400w and it’s having the same issues of not booting up my gpu or case fans. I ordered a new mobo because that’s what I think the issue is, but im wondering if anyone else has had their psu power ONLY the cpu and connected fan and nothing else.

CosmicJoshotron

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
Update: it was the motherboard. New one came in today and everything booted perfectly with the same psu. One of two things possibly caused this, I damaged the 24 pin connector at some point or the crappy psu fried the 24 pin connector. Realistically, probably the first option.

TRENDING THREADS