PSU probably burnt but idk.

Yimookhselina

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
I'm having a problem with my computer ever since yesterday. I turn it on and everything is running all the fans except the psu fan. Now this all started yesterday ever since i plugged the fan outs to a male port that had a plug that could plug into the psu. I plugged two fan outs to a male connector and had them plugged into the psu. As soon as I wanted to turn it on I noticed it wouldn't turn on so I decided to unplug it then I tried turning it on and I heard a popping noise and I quickly turned the computer off by psu switch. Everything in the computer works and fans spin except the psu fan. I also get no display on screen. I have no clue weather it's the psu or the motherboard got fried. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Yimookhselina

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014

Well my corsair 750 watt worked with everything perfectly for 2 1/2 years but I'm worried if my motherboard is fried and if it
Is does that mean the GPU/CPU/RAM is also?

Yimookhselina

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014

SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 this any good? I think I might of found out the problem.... I'm a dumbass. I plugged in a led port to clr cmos and I turned on the pc and got
A shock and burn smell. I guess the motherboard fried.. Are the CPU gpu and ram fine?