PSU problem? Just wanted a second opinion

AzureYukiPoo

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
So am 80% sure that this maybe a psu issue but i wanted you guys to have a second opinion or maybe have some ideas on how to fix my issue before i go out and buy a new psu.

PSU: Cougar 600w 80+
CPU: i7-3770
Mobo: GA-B75M-HD3
RAM: DDR3 Team 1x8gb 1600
GPU: Zotac Mini GTX 1050

So right now am using the onboard gpu to do some office work. But i decided to upgrade to be able to play games so i turned off the computer, plugged in my Zotac GTX 1050 to my mobo and then suddenly on the bios screen my computer restarts/shutsdown.

Then what i did next is plug an old gpu a GT630 to check if my gtx 1050 has the problem. So i turned off my computer removed gtx 1050 and plugged the gt630 and upon turning my computer on, the same issue showed wherein, while in the bios the computer suddenly restarts/shutsdown.

The final check i tried is removing any gpu, ran with onboard gpu then set my boot to safe mode. Plugged my gt630 then turned my computer on and for some reason it did not restart/shutdown but it was in safe mode..

So is this psu related issue??

Solution

AzureYukiPoo

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

thanks for the info can't test if really a psu issue because i dont have a spare psu. but might be getting a new psu this weekend just to fix this iisue. thanks again

If you have friends/relatives close that have computers you could use theirs possibly to test, also, sometimes a computer shop will be able to test a PSU for you or maybe plug a new one into your machine to see if that's the culprit. Think out of the box.