Question PSU problem or something else?

Jan 8, 2023
My pc is a 2 years old HP Pavilion tg01-1417no. Its been working fine until around 2 weeks ago when it crashed when i tried to start playing Jedi Fallen Order for the first time after downloading it.

Now whenever i start any game it crashes within the first minute of playing. My screen goes black with the message "searching for HDMI signal" then "No HDMI signal from your device" then "HDMI signal found" and it restarts within a few seconds and puts me back on the start screen. So it seems the pc turns off and on again whenever the gpu is in use or something. Searching on google made me think it might be an issue with the power supply but i really dont know. Any help?

The pc: https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c06961294

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If your platform reboots when you tax it, it's due to one of two reasons;
1| your PSU is incapable of powering your system when it's taxed
or
2| you're having a thermal issue(overheating).

I'm leaning on the former, that your PSU isn't able to keep up(as it's a 400W unit). In fact, I wonder how they got the prebuilt system out there, given how a system with an RTX2060 is suggested to have a 550W PSU.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jan 8, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If your platform reboots when you tax it, it's due to one of two reasons;
1| your PSU is incapable of powering your system when it's taxed
or
2| you're having a thermal issue(overheating).

I'm leaning on the former, that your PSU isn't able to keep up(as it's a 400W unit). In fact, I wonder how they got the prebuilt system out there, given how a system with an RTX2060 is suggested to have a 550W PSU.

Thanks for the answer!
The power supply has been running my system just fine for the last 2 years despite it having a low output but i guess it just suddenly decided to stop working. Its a bit weird since it has only been in use for 2 years but eh it happens.

Sucks that if i want to get a decent PSU for the system i think ill also have to get a new motherboard and probably a new case but i think that is what i will do.