Question PSU problem?

Mar 25, 2023
This is my first time posting here so im sorry if this isnt the right place. My PC has randomly started shutting off when i try to stream and play destiny 2. I played for a few days this week with no problems, and the other day when i tried to start streaming my pc randomly shut off 3 times in a row. I would load up the game, start streaming, and when i would load into a map it would completely shut off. I would have to turn off the power switch, turn it back on, then start my PC again. I tried playing this morning and was able to play for 6 hours with no problems. I tried streaming again in the evening and after about 30 minutes it completely shut off again. At first i thought it was my UPS, so i plugged it into the wall but it was still happening. I also tried loading my PC with a benchmark, and never had it shut off. Im confused because i dont know why streamlabs is just enough to cause it to shut down, but fully loading my cpu and gpu with a benchmark is fine

Hello Reii. When you say your PC is "shutting off", do you mean it's rebooting Windows, the power is shutting off, the screen is shutting off but the system still has power? A lot more information is needed from you on this one: What are the full specs of your PC? CPU / RAM kit / Motherboard / power supply manufacturer and model / storage / GPU / case / CPU cooler / everything. Is this PC a prebuilt or did you assemble it yourself. When did you purchase it? Has the problem always happened from the moment that you started streaming/playing Destiny 2? What is the motherboard's BIOS version and date?

Also, please take two photos of the inside of your PC (1st picture) showing the entire inside of your PC case (to show airflow and any other glaring issues). (2nd picture) showing the label on the side of your power supply. After you take the two photos, please upload them to imgur and then share the link here.

The issue is very likely going to be caused by one of three things (1) power: PSU is a possibility (2) heat (cpu exceeds the point of thermal throttling and eventually restarts the computer) and (3) software: streaming software is a possible culprit.

Mar 25, 2023
Sorry, i wasnt sure how much info was actually needed. No it just started this week, i assembled it myself, and temps are definitely not the issue. Im actually swapping PC cases today, so i will take all of those pictures and post the specs after i do that

Mar 25, 2023
Hello Reii. When you say your PC is "shutting off", do you mean it's rebooting Windows, the power is shutting off, the screen is shutting off but the system still has power? A lot more information is needed from you on this one: What are the full specs of your PC? CPU / RAM kit / Motherboard / power supply manufacturer and model / storage / GPU / case / CPU cooler / everything. Is this PC a prebuilt or did you assemble it yourself. When did you purchase it? Has the problem always happened from the moment that you started streaming/playing Destiny 2? What is the motherboard's BIOS version and date?

Also, please take two photos of the inside of your PC (1st picture) showing the entire inside of your PC case (to show airflow and any other glaring issues). (2nd picture) showing the label on the side of your power supply. After you take the two photos, please upload them to imgur and then share the link here.

The issue is very likely going to be caused by one of three things (1) power: PSU is a possibility (2) heat (cpu exceeds the point of thermal throttling and eventually restarts the computer) and (3) software: streaming software is a possible culprit.
Alright so, i know i took a long time to reply to this but i thought i had fixed it, so i kinda just played on it to see if it would happen. It was fine for a few days then suddenly started doing it again. I was playing black ops 1 and decided to uncap my FPS, about 5 minutes after that it completely shut off. Like, i have to unplug the power cable and put it back in to be able to start my PC again, the power button doesnt work. I tried power limiting my gpu down to 75% and even lowered my game settings and FPS in destiny 2 down to 75. I was able to play fine on destiny 2 today (yesterday it randomly shut down again before i had power limited my gpu) and when i started streaming, within 3 minutes it shut down again today.
I am using a B450m aorus motherboard, im not sure which bios but when i upgraded to a 5600 last year i had gotten the most recent one at the time. (also to answer your other questions, i built it, and no this problem only started occuring a few weeks ago), a ryzen 5 5600, a bequiet dark rock pro 4 cooler (temps are also fine, i checked both gpu and cpu, both under 60c) 32gb of oloy 3600mhz memory, an evga ftw3 ultra 2080 super, and a cooler master MWE 750 v1 power supply. If you really need the bios i can find it, but i swapped cpus maybe a 6-8 months ago, and it only started happening maybe 3-4 weeks ago. View: https://imgur.com/kUrtP4h

If i missed anything sorry