Question PSU problems and PC sounds like an engine

The True Prime

Commendable
Dec 8, 2019
Well I don't know how to start with this, but for the longest time I have been having problems with my pc, around like 6 months now and well i always kinda used hotfixes to prevent my problems from getting worse. Now I want to make real change since I have an income now which i didn't have before, so I can resolve my problems properly now. The reason I have delayed this long is because well... I ain't a computer expert and I don't like buying stuff for my pc unless I know it is a proper good value for money type thing.

So my problems are - A) My PSU; well I had a friend that once reviewed my PC and he told me my PSU was becoming a problem because I think he told me it took too much power, either way I don't remember it well and basically it was like overheating and stuff. When i played games sometimes it would completely shut off and go to a black screen where I would be forced to restart my pc. In order to fix this I had to go into settings and change like my power settings, capping it at like 75% instead of using 100% power. I was told I need a new PSU but I didn't know which one was a good one so I didn't go into it, plus I wanna see if anyone here can confirm that this is and if there are any replacements which are actually good, since this psu wasn't actually dirt cheap either.

B) Computer sounds like a jet engine - self explanatory really, sounds like its gonna explode (not literally). I don't know whats going on, as I mentioned earlier I ain't an expert on PC's so bare in mind it will feel like you are talking to an idiot at times. I think the fans in my graphics card aren't working and I have one fan I believe but that is about it from what I know. Do i need to buy a new set of fans or something? Look how do i make this thing quiet as possible - or at least to a point where its not gonna disturb people around the house.

HONESTLY ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. Thanks alot!!

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
Well I don't know how to start with this, but for the longest time I have been having problems with my pc, around like 6 months now and well i always kinda used hotfixes to prevent my problems from getting worse. Now I want to make real change since I have an income now which i didn't have before, so I can resolve my problems properly now. The reason I have delayed this long is because well... I ain't a computer expert and I don't like buying stuff for my pc unless I know it is a proper good value for money type thing.

So my problems are - A) My PSU; well I had a friend that once reviewed my PC and he told me my PSU was becoming a problem because I think he told me it took too much power, either way I don't remember it well and basically it was like overheating and stuff. When i played games sometimes it would completely shut off and go to a black screen where I would be forced to restart my pc. In order to fix this I had to go into settings and change like my power settings, capping it at like 75% instead of using 100% power. I was told I need a new PSU but I didn't know which one was a good one so I didn't go into it, plus I wanna see if anyone here can confirm that this is and if there are any replacements which are actually good, since this psu wasn't actually dirt cheap either.

B) Computer sounds like a jet engine - self explanatory really, sounds like its gonna explode (not literally). I don't know whats going on, as I mentioned earlier I ain't an expert on PC's so bare in mind it will feel like you are talking to an idiot at times. I think the fans in my graphics card aren't working and I have one fan I believe but that is about it from what I know. Do i need to buy a new set of fans or something? Look how do i make this thing quiet as possible - or at least to a point where its not gonna disturb people around the house.

HONESTLY ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. Thanks alot!!
Full specs please and how old is your pc? Is it oem or custom buit

The True Prime

Commendable
Dec 8, 2019
Full specs please and how old is your pc? Is it oem or custom buit

Ok well its like over a year and a half old and yeah it was custom built and I changed like a couple parts like 8 months ago.

As for specs
Processor- AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 3.20Ghz
RAM - 8GB
64 bit operating system
GTX 970
1TB hard drive
Dunno what else to say really

The True Prime

Commendable
Dec 8, 2019
Ok, so what is the brand, model and age of this PSU? Actually, full system specs would be nice.

So for specs:
Processor- AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 3.20Ghz
RAM - 8GB
64 bit operating system
GTX 970

PSU - Kolink core ATX power supply series. KL - C500
Maybe got it like a year ago or something I dunno really, maybe less I don't remember it all,