Hey!

My build:
I7 7700 @3.6 ghz
Pure Rock cooler
Asus B250F Motherboard
SSD - Samsung 850 Evo
Case - Corsair 400Q

Current PSU - CX450M Corsair

I have a very loud and strange noise from my psu, but its not coil whine.
(i will take it back to a store)
But...
Would a different psu brand, model be better and fit better with my components???

If I buy a new one I don't want to have the same problem.

If new psu then (550 watts)

PLEASE HELP!!! Anyone?

Solution
The early Corsair CX series PSU's were very low end units. I've heard they've gotten better lately but I personally steer clear of them still. If you got that specific model to try to save a few bucks, you are seeing the results of going cheap on the PSU.

Everything else in the system relies on clean, reliable power so don't go cheap on the PSU. The really bad ones can actually damage other components when they go out because one of the ways they are made cheaper is by not including proper protection circuitry.

I haven't kept up on PSU's lately but I'm sure this site will have reviews that indicate the high quality units.
The early Corsair CX series PSU's were very low end units. I've heard they've gotten better lately but I personally steer clear of them still. If you got that specific model to try to save a few bucks, you are seeing the results of going cheap on the PSU.

Everything else in the system relies on clean, reliable power so don't go cheap on the PSU. The really bad ones can actually damage other components when they go out because one of the ways they are made cheaper is by not including proper protection circuitry.

I haven't kept up on PSU's lately but I'm sure this site will have reviews that indicate the high quality units.

Solution

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015

I agree with you on everything, except stearing clearing clear of the new(Grey model) cx series PSUs. If you use the tier chart that Toms folks have put together, it would sit firmly in Tier2, on the high side of it. It's a bronze rated unit that's capable of nearly gold rated efficiency and has good quality Japanese caps. If price was very important, it would be about my first pick.
I was in the same camp as you regarding CX series before I reread the review they did a year ago on the new cxm. The article was enough to change my mind.

Gegy--

Prominent
May 28, 2017

Budget 100 EUR. (around that)

But would a EVGA 550w G3 be good? Or smt else better?

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015

If you can get one, and it fits your budget, you'd be very hard pressed to do better, one of the best units on the market. :)
Review of a large power rating version, should be highly applicable to you, only difference is wattage ratings. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-850-g3-psu,4930-11.html