Jun 9, 2019
Build
Ryzen 3 2200g
The psu as said below
A320 Motherboard
8gb 2400mhz ram (1x8 stick)
R9 270 GPU
1tb WD blue HHD

BTW I'm only 15 so my knowledge on components is limited, but I know enough to have a conversation about anything.

So I have a cit-atv500-r. It's 80+Bronze. I bought this back in April of this year. I bought it because it was £30 and that's all I had to buy a psu. So I went with it because all I needed was a psu for my complete system. And ever since I just feel its been making my system bad. As in on games and even basic tasks will sometimes be slow for a few seconds. And in games, it's just stutteryish and just sluggish. And also sometimes when I power on my system it will just turn on for 2 seconds then go back off? Then I'll turn everything off. Fuss with all the wires. Then turn it back on then itll stay on. Its just really confusing to me and I can't see it being anything eles in my system but maybe it is? If anyone can help in anyway I'd really appreciate it🙂

So I have a cit-atv500-r. It's 80+Bronze

Maybe try getting a better high QUALITY PSU ?

Please do NOT use that CiT PSU on any gaming rig. That's a poor/inferior quality power supply. Don't skimp on the PSU. There is a RISK factor using this power supply brand, regardless of whether your PC requires that much power or not.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible.

Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Jake mal

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
Maybe try getting a better high QUALITY PSU ?

Please do NOT use that CiT PSU on any gaming rig. That's a poor/inferior quality power supply. Don't skimp on the PSU. There is a RISK factor using this power supply brand, regardless of whether your PC requires that much power or not.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible.

Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.
I highly appreciate your help mate, thanks for helping me understand that the psu is bad, I mean what would you recommen? It'll probably be Xmas when I would next be able to get a psu. And also do you think that my proplems I'm getting are based on the psu? Or is it to hard to tell?

Jake mal

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
It does sound like a PSU issue.

I have only heard of CiT for cases before. Also that PSU is EOL according to this. https://www.scan.co.uk/products/500...-fan-36a-plus12v-single-rail-power-supply-psu

I cannot find much info on the PSU, but 500w for a low price is generally not a good thing.
Yea, I'm not surprised if they stopped selling them, I was dump to buy one of these psus, I've been using it in my rig since April, I mean next time I can psu upgrade is Xmas. Am I still able to use my pc or would you recommend me not touching My system and not turning it on until I psu upgrade?

Jake mal

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
What's your budget for the PSU ? And where do you live ?
Are you asking me, what's my budget for a new psu right now. Or what's was my budget when I got my old psu? And I live in the UK. In a small town so locak deals hard to come by. But either way. My budget for a psu now doesnt really exist. I'm 15 you see, so I don't really have money to get new parts when I need to. Next time I can upgrade my psu will be Xmas.

Jake mal

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
Are you asking me, what's my budget for a new psu right now. Or what's was my budget when I got my old psu? And I live in the UK. In a small town so locak deals hard to come by. But either way. My budget for a psu now doesnt really exist. I'm 15 you see, so I don't really have money to get new parts when I need to. Next time I can upgrade my psu will be Xmas.
Ohh sorry I just realised you replied to my comment of when I asked for recommendation.