Question PSU Pulses/Vibrates Under Load

Apr 3, 2022
I got a new computer back in January and for awhile it ran great! In February, I started to notice that there was some sort of pulsing/vibrating sound coming from the computer when I loaded a game up. Usually when the temperature hit 60c it would start making the noise. At first I thought it was the GPU, but the sound is clearly coming from where the PSU is in the case.

What I want to know is if it’s safe to just let it be and try to tune it out? Is this something fatal that needs to be fixes ASAP? Any help is appreciated!

Apr 3, 2022
Could you describe the specification of your PC?
Like PSU brand and type, motherboard, cpu, gpu, ram and internal drives.

psu is a corsair rm750 80 gold plus, msi b550 a pro motherboard, ryzen 5 5600x cpu, corsair vengeance 16 gb ram, geforce rtx 3060 ti fe gpu, and corsair mp440 1tb ssd

I got a new computer back in January and for awhile it ran great! In February, I started to notice that there was some sort of pulsing/vibrating sound coming from the computer when I loaded a game up. Usually when the temperature hit 60c it would start making the noise. At first I thought it was the GPU, but the sound is clearly coming from where the PSU is in the case.

What I want to know is if it’s safe to just let it be and try to tune it out? Is this something fatal that needs to be fixes ASAP? Any help is appreciated!
Put your finger on the psu.
Load a game.
Can you feel the pulsing?

N3wb13g

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
psu is a corsair rm750 80 gold plus, msi b550 a pro motherboard, ryzen 5 5600x cpu, corsair vengeance 16 gb ram, geforce rtx 3060 ti fe gpu, and corsair mp440 1tb ssd
It's a decent one. It probably a coil whine. You can google it for the details. But if you're still unsure, you can record it and report to the brand.

Apr 3, 2022
Can you record the sound (decent quality) and upload somewhere so we can hear?

The only way I can describe it is that it sounds like a vroom vroom vroom that pulsates. Usually the pulsing is audible when the gpu reaches 60c. I have checked to see if it was the gpu, but the sound is not coming from that area. It’s coming from where the psu is housed.