Question PSU question about my PC's power usage

magicbush

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
So I bought a new PC a while back, and I have been having some weird issues with it since I bought it, but it gets way worse when I started plugging in my VR and G920. The USB's will act weird, and its almost like sometimes one of the ports will stop working until I unplug and replug my wheel, or the VR headset. I get issues with the wheel not responding, etc. The PC has shut down a few times as well, and just did when I was using VR it restarted. It has shut down when I played Doom Eternal before as well. It seems very random, but I am starting to think it maybe my PSU. I ran memtest for 8 hours, and it was fine. I ran Furmark 3d, and Aida64 tests, and had no crashes or shutdowns. So I am sort of at a loss as to what could be causing my issues. I currently have a 650watt EVGA PSU, and I am wondering if that is just not enough for my system since I am adding VR, wheels, joysticks(one or the other) depending on the game I play? Of course when my PC shutdown playing Doom Eternal I had no external USB stuff plugged in. I have an SSD, and a NvME(970 EVO PLUS) drive installed, as well as another HDD.

Current specs:

2070 Super
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
16gb DDR4 RAM
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G+
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Win 10

I would appreciate any help!