PSU question pls answer its about 24pin connector

kikogeorge123

Honorable
Apr 22, 2016
hello guys i just got a 450watt DELUX Psu (DELUS ATX450 p4) from a friend of mine and i putted it in my pc it has a 20pin connector i noticed my mobo requires 24pin so i ignored that and installed the psu and i am using the pc now for 1hr everything seems stable temps, cpu gpu ,ram loads everything tell me is it dangerous or not. Every reply will mean a lot to me

PC SPECS
mobo:foxconng41mxe
cpu:core2quad q8200 2.4ghz oc stock2.33
RAM: 4gb ddr3 1333mhz
gpu:gt 730 1gb gddr5 factoy oc gigabyte
Hdd 1: 250gb 7.2k rpm sata
hdd2: 320gb 7.2k rpm sata\

PC used for light gaming: LoL, Euro truck simulator 2 multiplayer, WoW Mists of Pandaria

Solution
Many motherboards with a modern 24-pin ATX main power connector still work fine with 20-pin main ATX power connector PSU's, you simply offset it fully to one side (they're keyed to only fit one way, do NOT force them otherwise), if the PSU's power delivery capability is up to snuff. The four extra pins were added to improve reliability of power delivered to the PCIe x16 slot(s).

In short: your computer will work fine, HOWEVER if you ever want to upgrade your graphics card you will need to buy a new power supply beforehand.

Hope it helps, good luck fellow gamer.

MART3R

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
Many motherboards with a modern 24-pin ATX main power connector still work fine with 20-pin main ATX power connector PSU's, you simply offset it fully to one side (they're keyed to only fit one way, do NOT force them otherwise), if the PSU's power delivery capability is up to snuff. The four extra pins were added to improve reliability of power delivered to the PCIe x16 slot(s).

In short: your computer will work fine, HOWEVER if you ever want to upgrade your graphics card you will need to buy a new power supply beforehand.

Hope it helps, good luck fellow gamer.

Solution