Question PSU question

Ray-Briggs

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
i recently got a new 2070 super gpu and im running it with a corsair cx600m psu.its almost 6 years old. its running fine but i read online that this psu should be avoided at all cost, and that its for office use and have a chance to blow up. should i upgrade my psu or am i safe?

thx1138v2

Distinguished
There are instances of that PSU catching fire when it fails. When it is running fine is not the problem. When it starts to fail is when the problems arise because it does not have the protective circuitry it needs.

Upgrade now.

jonnyguru

Distinguished
There are instances of that PSU catching fire when it fails.
There are instances of every PSU catching fire when it fails, and the CX600 uses a Sitronix ST9S429 supervisor IC so it does in fact have all of the required protections.

Why do you want to fear monger?

i recently got a new 2070 super gpu and im running it with a corsair cx600m psu.its almost 6 years old. its running fine but i read online that this psu should be avoided at all cost, and that its for office use and have a chance to blow up. should i upgrade my psu or am i safe?
That said, that is a VERY OLD PSU. It uses a double forward front end and is group regulated, which makes it VERY inappropriate for a modern PC with a 2070.

If you had $500 for a graphics card, you shouldn't be using a 6 year old PSU.

I'm surprised you're even asking. You don't put old tires on a new car.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS