Question Psu recomandation for 3700x and x570

e4r33d

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
Hello everyone , so im about to build a 3700x & x570 pc with a 1070 ( going to buy next Ampera nvidia gpus when they launch ) .
I need a recomandation for a 750W PSU .
All i need from it is to be at least gold and modular

Also is there a problem if a PSU has only 4+4 cpu power connection's ? The mobo im going to use is the x570-e and it has a 4 + 8 cpu power connection , if i read that right , you need only the 8 cpu power connection to run even the 3900x

Corsair RM750X or Seasonic focus plus 750 (there is a gold and a platinum version) all these psu's are really good quality with 10 years of warranty so they will last you long. The corsair psu i listed include 2x(4+4)pin cpu connectors and i believe the Seasonic too even my 650w evga psu have 2 of them so you wont have any problem connecting both the 8pin and 4pin that your mobo requires. Some asrock x570 motherboards as i saw from reviews their vrm's are not capable to use that extra 4pin (probably marketing reasons) most of the times you can skip it especially if you leave everything at stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: e4r33d

e4r33d

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
Corsair RM750X or Seasonic focus plus 750 (there is a gold and a platinum version) all these psu's are really good quality with 10 years of warranty so they will last you long. The corsair psu i listed include 2x(4+4)pin cpu connectors and i believe the Seasonic too even my 650w evga psu have 2 of them so you wont have any problem connecting both the 8pin and 4pin that your mobo requires. Some asrock x570 motherboards as i saw from reviews their vrm's are not capable to use that extra 4pin (probably marketing reasons) most of the times you can skip it especially if you leave everything at stock.
How about a EVGA 750P2 ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Why do you need a recommendation for a 750w psu? That system will run just fine, with plenty of OC/headroom on a good 550w, a 650w at most. If thinking of possible future gpu needs, that's different.

As far as the EPS goes, afaik that's questionable. I've seen conflicting info that every pin needs populated and info that the extra +4 is only necessary under extreme OC conditions (like LN2 record attempts) but that may not even apply to that board since it's a mid range board with mid range VRM's. So whether the full 4+4+4 EPS is necessary is doubtful, shouldn't be an issue with just 4+4 in the 8pin slot.

Corsair RMx, Antec earth watts Pro, Seasonic Focus, Evga G2 all about the same.