[SOLVED] PSU recommendation & home electric grid problem

Oct 1, 2020
Hi all,

I have some electric grid problem at home (probably non stable voltage during load evening hours ). As a result my computer reboots all of sudden. However, because this happens only with one computer, I believe that my PSU does not handle it well. Here is the model that I have (it is eight years old): https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-S12II-380Bronze-380W-Power-Supply/dp/B002A1CRS0
What you will recommend to do? Will replacing PSU will help? If so, what are your recommendations (model, Watts)?

Many thanks.
Daniel

Hi all,

I have some electric grid problem at home (probably non stable voltage during load evening hours ). As a result my computer reboots all of sudden. However, because this happens only with one computer, I believe that my PSU does not handle it well. Here is the model that I have (it is eight years old): https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-S12II-380Bronze-380W-Power-Supply/dp/B002A1CRS0
What you will recommend to do? Will replacing PSU will help? If so, what are your recommendations (model, Watts)?

Many thanks.
Daniel
That PSU was never designed to last 8 years. I'd replace it but you need to list your specs and budget for a recommendation.

Please list your specs in this format:
CPU and cooler:
Motherboard:
RAM:
Storage:
GPU:
PSU Brand, model and age:
Display resolution and refresh rate:

Oct 1, 2020
Thank you!
Here is my spec: spec
I need probably not a specific model (because I am not sure that I will be able to purchase it) , but more a general idea (how may watts, anything else).
BTW, will any PSU work with a PC? Van it damage ?

That PSU was never designed to last 8 years. I'd replace it but you need to list your specs and budget for a recommendation.

Please list your specs in this format:
CPU and cooler:
Motherboard:
RAM:
Storage:
GPU:
PSU Brand, model and age:
Display resolution and refresh rate:

Thank you!
Here is my spec: spec
I need probably not a specific model (because I am not sure that I will be able to purchase it) , but more a general idea (how may watts, anything else).
BTW, will any PSU work with a PC? Van it damage ?
How many actual hard drives do you have. Some of those 10 drives listed must be partitions. Just to verify, I didn't see a GPU listed so I assume you're using Intel onboard graphics.

Oct 1, 2020
Thank you.
But in general, the more watts the better (and more expensive) ?
Is there any issue of compatibility or I can purchase any PSU 450+ watt?

You can easily run your system on a 450 watt PSU. A corsair CX450 would be fine for your specs and is not expensive and leaves you a bit of room for some upgrades later on.