Question PSU Recommendations

Aug 24, 2019
I’ve recently upgraded my PC to the following:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x 3.9 GHz
MoBo: MSI X570-A Pro
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x8 GB) (3000 MHz)

I am using a Samsung 750 EVO SSD as my primary drive and EVGA GeForce 960 2 GB FTW. That I will eventually upgrade.

I also was using my existing PSU, which is rated 500 Watt, is 3-4 years old. I have been encountering random restarts, and the event log displays a Kernel Power 41(63). When it restarted the system was under load. This has happened before and each time before the system was under load. Based on this information, I researched on a few forums and discovered that the PSU was most likely the culprit.

This being said I went to purchase a Corsair CX750M (2015) off Amazon. The supply had relatively good reviews, however, looking at various forums held varied reviews for similarly spec’d PC’s. Should I go ahead with this purchase or should I buy something else?

Brotherofwar

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2013
I’ve recently upgraded my PC to the following:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x 3.9 GHz
MoBo: MSI X570-A Pro
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x8 GB) (3000 MHz)

I am using a Samsung 750 EVO SSD as my primary drive and EVGA GeForce 960 2 GB FTW. That I will eventually upgrade.

I also was using my existing PSU, which is rated 500 Watt, is 3-4 years old. I have been encountering random restarts, and the event log displays a Kernel Power 41(63). When it restarted the system was under load. This has happened before and each time before the system was under load. Based on this information, I researched on a few forums and discovered that the PSU was most likely the culprit.

This being said I went to purchase a Corsair CX750M (2015) off Amazon. The supply had relatively good reviews, however, looking at various forums held varied reviews for similarly spec’d PC’s. Should I go ahead with this purchase or should I buy something else?
The Rm750x from corsair is the better option.
The cx is lower tier of corsair.