[SOLVED] PSU replacement CX430

Oct 2, 2020
I'm looking to replace my CX 430 that sounds like a car engine sometimes. Should I be getting the be quiet system power 9 600w or the Corsair VS650?

Last edited:
Solution
About £50-£60 pref but £70 tops.
I'll be honest with a budget up to £70 and based on current UK prices on PCPP, I'd consider:
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£69.98 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £69.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-03 23:35 BST+0100

Reason being is the extra 100W will handle future upgrades, and the TXM is excellent and comes with a 7 year warranty. The VS for example is only 3 years, the BQ-SP I believe is also only 3 years. So the value is significantly better.

The Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 is only £50 currently but does have a coil...
Oct 2, 2020
What is the rest of your system spec?
Many PSUs are not made to be quiet. Be Quiet are a bit of an exception in many cases. The VS is a lower model than the CX (assuming they are not different releases).
Thanks for the reply. My pc currently is:
Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS mobo b450
Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz 2x8GB
GTX 1060 6gb
Corsair CX 430

I believe the model I have is an older CX series, It is about 5 years old now and yesterday there were weird and loud rattling noises from it which disappeared after dusting it out and restarting.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
About £50-£60 pref but £70 tops.
I'll be honest with a budget up to £70 and based on current UK prices on PCPP, I'd consider:
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£69.98 @ Amazon UK)

Reason being is the extra 100W will handle future upgrades, and the TXM is excellent and comes with a 7 year warranty. The VS for example is only 3 years, the BQ-SP I believe is also only 3 years. So the value is significantly better.

The Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 is only £50 currently but does have a coil whine issue. And the System power 9 is probably good value considering (based on the price I just saw), just not the same quality or warranty as the TXM above. The TXM is much better value in the long run and is also excellent.

Solution
Oct 2, 2020
PCPartPicker Part List

The Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 is only £50 currently but does have a coil whine issue. And the System power 9 is probably good value considering (based on the price I just saw), just not the same quality or warranty as the TXM above. The TXM is much better value in the long run and is also excellent.
Thanks, I think I will go with that one.

Reactions: PC Tailor