Question PSU requirements for x99 Fujitsu Mobo

May 28, 2020
I am trying to resurrect an Old build I had with a wasted motherboard.

I got a used motherboard and it’s a Fujitsu D3348-B1.

The user manual I was able to find online says it won’t work with normal PSUs and lists the attached data as PSU requirements.

I have a Corsair RM1000 PSU which was a pretty good PSU when I first bought it 6 years ago and used it only for a few months, I have tested it and works good on another system.

Will this PSU be good for this motherboard or do I need to make some modifications? ( Please educate me if the question sounds dumb)
Thanks
OO2R7y.jpg

Last edited:
May 28, 2020
I can only wonder what they mean with "standard Power Supplies", "standard" can relate to so much. The connectors shown are modern ATX so don't see why this psu cannot be used.
I am awaiting the delivery of a Xeon CPU early next week, I will hook it up and check.

I tried earlier with an i7 5820k the mobo does nothing, no power absolutely nothing, I thought it should’ve at least turned on if not post, citing the reason listed (5820k not supported). Detailed reading of the manual of the board states that 5820k is not supported due to the bottleneck of 28 pcie lanes and only a few pcie slots work, but it should’ve at least powered on.
What’s your take on that ?

May 28, 2020
Maybe contact the store and ask what psu was used, think the answer will be normal ATX psu, but interested to hear what they say.
I don’t think I can contact the store , bought the motherboard on a trip back home from a random wholesale shop.

he tested it in front of me and the the board posted and went in to bios. Then he wrapped it in some newspaper and put it in a random motherboard box. having no power at all is the only thing that’s causing me to think it might be a PSU issue.
Even if the CPU is incompatible, the motherboard should still at least try to power on right ?

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for the reply
I wonder why would they write that a regular PSU won’t work.

cheers
That is a BTX motherboard and PSU.
An older ATX PSU probably won't work, but a newer one should no problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTX_(form_factor)#Compatibility_with_ATX_products
"BTX power supply units can be exchanged with newer ATX12V units, but not with older ATX power supplies that don't have the extra 4-pin 12V connector, which was introduced with the ATX12V standard. "

May 28, 2020
That is a BTX motherboard and PSU.
An older ATX PSU probably won't work, but a newer one should no problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTX_(form_factor)#Compatibility_with_ATX_products
"BTX power supply units can be exchanged with newer ATX12V units, but not with older ATX power supplies that don't have the extra 4-pin 12V connector, which was introduced with the ATX12V standard. "
Thanks for the reply, does that mean that my PSU which is the Corsair RM1000 won’t work ?