Question PSU SATA Connectors Snapping

Luke876

Honorable
Feb 28, 2015
I was adding an SSD in today and the plastic on two of my connectors has now snapped. One snapped from when I first put the PC together. It is one side that snaps off in particular.

I am putting the male to female in the correct orientation, but there is flex on all connections.

PC works fine but I plan to add another SSD and am concerned if one more of the plastic parts snap then I am out of connectors.

What is going on?

I have a Corsair TX650.

It is really odd and I feel the only solution here is to upgrade the PSU to maybe a modular one to avoid this issue again... anyone else experienced this?

I was adding an SSD in today and the plastic on two of my connectors has now snapped. One snapped from when I first put the PC together. It is one side that snaps off in particular.

I am putting the male to female in the correct orientation, but there is flex on all connections.

PC works fine but I plan to add another SSD and am concerned if one more of the plastic parts snap then I am out of connectors.

What is going on?

I have a Corsair TX650.

It is really odd and I feel the only solution here is to upgrade the PSU to maybe a modular one to avoid this issue again... anyone else experienced this?

Old Bronze TX650?

Usually plastic gets brittle with age when exposed to UV light often.

SATA connectors SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, but we have to live with them.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's plenty of Google listings of ppl breaking connectors, but they are Sata, not molex, and don't require or warrant brute force in any situation. Having broken not only a brand new connector but a slightly aged one too, I'm inclined to believe (given limited facts) that it has more to do with the installer and less to do with the installation.

I've broken off a couple of those circular squeeze tabs before, but that didn't affect the actual ability of the Sata connector, just my ability to pull it back out.

TRENDING THREADS