Question Psu selection please help

Jan 10, 2023
Hello guys i bought a 800usd prebuild 1 month ago specs are:
Cpu: ryzen5 5600
MB: asus prime b550m-k
Gpu: asus dual rtx 3060 oc
Case: vento vg11a
Psu: fsp hyper 80 + pro 650w
The problem here is with the psu i think its pretty bad one and i am planning to change it. On fsp website it says it is a 80+ white but originally bronze and mine has a bronze sticker on it. After doing some research i could find a review for this psu but it's in russian but not more is known about this psu and its not in the cultists or here on the forum psu tier list so i am planning to change it this month and i want your opinions on which one is the best
Xpg pylon 650w bronze for around 69usd
Corsair cx650m 650w bronze same price as xpg
Corsair cv650 for around 58 usd
Gigabyte p650b for around 54 usd
Cooler master mwe bronze v2 650w not sure 230v or full range input for around 67usd
Will one of these psus be ok for my build or all of them are bad? Saddly my budget is limited to these psus and my country is going through a never seen before economic crisis thought its modern history every thing is overpriced and 90% of products are out of stock
Note: i am not planning to oc

That psu is not great, but you should not worry about replacing it, definetly if psus are not really available to buy easily right now for you.
It's from a reputeable brand, and has at least an 80+ rating.
It's not ideal, but I believe you could easily use your pc with it without worry for the next few months, year or 2, and replace it when psus become available at a more reasonable price.
the best psu of that lot is the CX650m, but I would not swap to it since it is not a meaningful upgrade.

Reactions: Sus192
The Pylon and CXM are about the same. They use the same platform with the differece that the Pylon has a better fan and the CXM is semi-modular.
The CV650 is a pretty decent unit too, just a bit behind the Pylon and CXM.
The Gigabyte is junk, like most Gigabyte units.
For the Cooler master it really depends on the input. The full range is fine, the 230v EU not.

But with a RTX 3060 I would prefer a more modern PSU with a LLC resonant converter on the primary side. The Cooler master has but the quality is pretty low.

Can you provide us a link to a webshop for PSUs in your country?

Reactions: Sus192
Jan 10, 2023
That psu is not great, but you should not worry about replacing it, definetly if psus are not really available to buy easily right now for you.
It's from a reputeable brand, and has at least an 80+ rating.
It's not ideal, but I believe you could easily use your pc with it without worry for the next few months, year or 2, and replace it when psus become available at a more reasonable price.
the best psu of that lot is the CX650m, but I would not swap to it since it is not a meaningful upgrade.
So my pc won't explode in the summer if i continue using that psu because summer here is burning hot

Jan 10, 2023
The Pylon and CXM are about the same. They use the same platform with the differece that the Pylon has a better fan and the CXM is semi-modular.
The CV650 is a pretty decent unit too, just a bit behind the Pylon and CXM.
The Gigabyte is junk, like most Gigabyte units.
For the Cooler master it really depends on the input. The full range is fine, the 230v EU not.

But with a RTX 3060 I would prefer a more modern PSU with a LLC resonant converter on the primary side. The Cooler master has but the quality is pretty low.

Can you provide us a link to a webshop for PSUs in your country?
Yes of course here are some
https://www.compuartstore.com/core-components/power-supplies
https://maximumhardware.store/power-supply
https://www.elnekhelytechnology.com/psu
My pudget is limited to 2000 egp but i can go up 10% more if something really makes a huge difference. Thanks for help

Jan 10, 2023
No, it ill not explode.
That PSU will not have a long life span that's for sure, but if it's just for another year or 2 it could totally manage.
I would suggest mounting the PSU fan down so that it does not feel the heat from your gpu and cpu.
Alright thanks so much for help i really appreciate it and for the psu fan it's already facing down