[SOLVED] Psu started to make buzzing sound

Sep 2, 2021
Psu is inwin a series a55 550w psu
Had the pc for about 7months and about 2 weeks ago my pc psu started to make a weird sound from the psu
It's a buzzing sound

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU. The specs will tell us if your PSU is short of delivering the right amount of power to the entire system. FYI, that unit isn't exactly built with the best of components. You might want to roll up a sheet of A4 paper into a cylinder and hold one end to your ear while the other is used to probe for the source of the noise. You might be experiencing coil whine which isn't a good thing, most of the times.

Since you posted this thread in the overclocking section, I'm curious to know what sort of an overclock you've performed on the platform(?).

Psu is inwin a series a55 550w psu
Had the pc for about 7months and about 2 weeks ago my pc psu started to make a weird sound from the psu
It's a buzzing sound
things it could be.....

fan blades coming in contact with wire or something else

if there's a laminated core transformer or inductor the laminations might be vibrating (those parts are pretty rare these days)

a relay that's 'chattering'

other than that, can you post a sound file or video of the sound?

Reactions: HappyTrails
Sep 2, 2021
things it could be.....

fan blades coming in contact with wire or something else

if there's a laminated core transformer or inductor the laminations might be vibrating (those parts are pretty rare these days)

a relay that's 'chattering'

other than that, can you post a sound file or video of the sound?
ye i just bought a new psu that being - corsair RM750 i couldnt figure out what was wrong

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Sep 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU. The specs will tell us if your PSU is short of delivering the right amount of power to the entire system. FYI, that unit isn't exactly built with the best of components. You might want to roll up a sheet of A4 paper into a cylinder and hold one end to your ear while the other is used to probe for the source of the noise. You might be experiencing coil whine which isn't a good thing, most of the times.

Since you posted this thread in the overclocking section, I'm curious to know what sort of an overclock you've performed on the platform(?).
ok thanks man i solved it just by buying a new psu so