PSU Stopped Working Then Started Again

00hei

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
I've had a 700w Hipro PSU for a year now, and it's powered my computer without even the slightest of issues. Last week I bought a Antec 900 Advanced Gaming Case and moved my build over. The case had three more 120mm fans (2 with LEDs) and a big 200mm fan (also with LEDs). I connected everything, turned on my computer, and it blinked on for a second before shutting off. Usually that means the power supply had been blown, but I tried again a few hours later and everything turned on fine. The only difference was that I didn't have a few USB devices and my monitors connected. I don't want to risk blowing the PSU for real so, is my build to much for 700w or, if not, what was the problem?

Here's what's connected:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E LG 2011
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 PRO LGA 2011
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
HDD: Seagate 1TB Internal
Disk Drive: LG WH14NS40
Fans: 4 120mm and 1 200mm
USB Devices: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000, Microsoft 5000 5-Button Wireless Laser Scroll Mouse, Netgear N300 USB Wifi Adapter

That's everything besides the monitors. Thanks for any help.

Solution
Should be fine and no blinking on/off does not indicate the PSU blowing. Usually an assembly problem. It is an old 4 rail design though with only 16A per rail. if it happens while using it at full load check that you aren't overloading one of the rails/ spread stuff across them
Should be fine and no blinking on/off does not indicate the PSU blowing. Usually an assembly problem. It is an old 4 rail design though with only 16A per rail. if it happens while using it at full load check that you aren't overloading one of the rails/ spread stuff across them

Solution