[SOLVED] PSU Suggestions for a relatively powerful build.

Chris David

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013
Hi

I am about to get a 1650S for my main build, which runs on a CX650M. Which means my previous card, the 1060 will be used on my second build. The second build is just a series of components from my first build, getting pushed down as I get better components/upgrade.

The second PC will be :

Intel i5 7600K @3.80GHz (Will be OC'd)
Gigabyte Z270X- Ultra Gaming
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 1x16 3000MHz
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Mini (Will be OC'd)
2TB Barracuda 7200RPM
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

Keeping all these components in mind, would you suggest a decent PSU that is cheap ? I don't want to completely cheap out on the PSU as it ends badly, but at the same time, i am on a tight budget control, so anything decent would be enough. No need for any fancy Modular supplies, just something practical, cheap and gets the work done without blowing up or frying other components.

Solution
You already know the answer to this one. the Corsair CX550M is an excellent budget 550w unit. More than enough power, won't kill anything.

Heck that could even probably run on a CX450M. No offense or anything but I'd hardly qualify that build as relatively powerful. But it is a decent midline gaming build.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
You already know the answer to this one. the Corsair CX550M is an excellent budget 550w unit. More than enough power, won't kill anything.

Heck that could even probably run on a CX450M. No offense or anything but I'd hardly qualify that build as relatively powerful. But it is a decent midline gaming build.

Solution

Chris David

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013

none taken, the processor used to be top line 2 years back, still on that high-nostalgic road as it was the first PC I've ever built from scratch.

CX450M
CX550M

Thanks for the suggestions.

Reactions: Rogue Leader