[SOLVED] PSU switch was on while working on computer

Newnoob2020

Prominent
May 8, 2020
Today I was checking my 24pin connection , I have pushed in the cable only to make sure was really all the way connected but I did that with the PSU power switch on but the computer was off ... It can make any damage to computer ?? It is still working but I'm a bit worried because I just forgot to turn off that switch before ! :(

Solution
In my case was only the power switch on , but computer was powered off .

The connectors are pretty robust, even if the PC is running and you push it you wont have problems (although you should never do it...). My cousin's PC wasn't turning on, so I opened it and saw the 24 pin cable half in half out, so if your 24 pin was not properly seated your PC wont boot and again you cant do damage either way.
If its not properly seated it wont boot... if its properly seated and you push it even running it wont notice it was touched.
In my case was only the power switch on , but computer was powered off .

The connectors are pretty robust, even if the PC is running and you push it you wont have problems (although you should never do it...). My cousin's PC wasn't turning on, so I opened it and saw the 24 pin cable half in half out, so if your 24 pin was not properly seated your PC wont boot and again you cant do damage either way.
If its not properly seated it wont boot... if its properly seated and you push it even running it wont notice it was touched.

Reactions: Newnoob2020
Solution

Newnoob2020

Prominent
May 8, 2020
thank you for your answer :)