[SOLVED] PSU through Airport

Jan 2, 2021
Hello guys!

I am travelling in the next 4 weeks and I am planning to check-in my PC case as an additional piece.
Also, I will unplug the graphics card so it wont be damaged during the flight but I wonder if I can leave the PSU plugged-in and it shall pass normally through security check or should I unplug it and carry it with me in the backpack?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Can't see any problems from security side if PSU is already mounted into computer case. It does not contain lithium batteries which is one of concerns on carrying around laptops. You can still have issues with lousy airport workers who love to toss things around in hurry. So better pack your PC good in a lot of soft packaging material inside box.
Jan 2, 2021
yeah it is correctly installed and well fixed in the case but I wonder if it passes through security check at the Airport or I shall carry it in my backpack.
My PSU: thermaltake 650W RGB

Can't see any problems from security side if PSU is already mounted into computer case. It does not contain lithium batteries which is one of concerns on carrying around laptops. You can still have issues with lousy airport workers who love to toss things around in hurry. So better pack your PC good in a lot of soft packaging material inside box.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS