[SOLVED] Psu to msi compatibility

Nov 4, 2018
Ok so I got a msi geforce gtx 1070 graphics card
Motherboard is a pegatron ipmtb-tk
Psu is dos 460-3

I bought a corsair rm850x to replace the old psu. Plus I need an 8pin for the video card wich the old one did not.

After much trouble shooting. I found out the rm850x is either not compatible or faulty. I get power to the backup fan but no beep codes or anything when I hook it up.

I hooked it all back up with the old psu and old graphics card and it works but will not work in old set up with the rm850x .. besides the fans.. so I know it's getting power but maybe only that one port.

Anyways down to the question... how can I find a new psu that is compatible with my motherboard and the gtx1070 if this modular doesn't work?

Nov 4, 2018

ok so i can not find a Bios update since it originally ran windows 7 and i am now running windows10. the hp website does not have drivers for it.

however i am thinking that might be the case considering i replaced the powersupply with another unit thinking it was faulty and i am running into the same issues..

im probably just going to have to crack down and get another motherboard and processor...