Apr 30, 2023
I am a bit bewildered here. I play Eve Online and run multiple clients. Each one of them seems to be drawing a lot of power. If I run 4 clients or more at the same time sooner or later the PC turns off. There are no heat alarms, no degradation in performance, etc. I have to flip the power switch to off, unplug the PSU power cord from the case/psu, re-plug it in, turn on the case power switch then turn on the PC. It fires up and I am back to playing until it powers down again if I use 4 clients or more. Lastly, the circuit breaker in the house is not tripped. I have two images below. One is the Task Manager overview and the other a Speccy summary.

My power supply is a 'Be Quiet 750W 80Plus Gold Straight power 11 Power Supply'

Thank you in advance for any assistance on this!

Apr 30, 2023
Did you connect the GPU with seperate cables to seperate 12v rails on the PSU?
I opened up the case just to double check. Based on this PSU and OEMs documentation it is a 6+2 single cable which is on the PCI2/VGA2 cable labeled. Nothing is plugged into the PCI1/VGA1 cable. The PCI2/VGA2 cable is the same cable as the previous 1080 EVGA card that was in there. This is a 'IBuyPower' rig which I have been very happy with. I did check with them before the GPU upgrade and they said the PSU would support the 3060TI card. Note, this only started happening after Eve Online did an upgrade to their graphics models, etc. so I think this is much more of an application issue then anything. I did go into the EVGA software and specifically turned down the power to 80%. I do not overclock anything on this rig at all. I have a ticket open with Eve Online and they escalated yesterday to another support queue.

Last edited: