Question PSU tripping breaker out of nowhere

Jul 7, 2022
Yesterday somehow i turned off the power strip which my pc was connected to by accident with my foot and ever since my PSU trips the breaker as soon as i would flip its switch on the back of the PC.
I tried connecting the PC directly into the wall and it still trips the breaker and it also trips a different breaker in a different circuit.
I had the PC for 2 years now and this never happened before, did my PSU get damaged or what could be causing it?
My PSU: ASUS ROG STRIX 750G 750W

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're having the same issue on a different wall outlet in your room, try relocating to another room. Might be a good idea to also take the system over to a friend or neighbor's house and see if the issue persists. If the issue persists all over your crib(as well as the other cribs mentioned prior), it'd be a good idea to source a donor(not bought) PSU to test out on your rig. If the issue persists in your home, alone, it'd be a good to time to call in a certified electrician and see if one or more of your wires are compromised.

Reactions: KyaraM
Jul 7, 2022
Tripping breaker as soon as you turn it on indicates short. However it does not have to be short on PSU. Unplug the PSU from other components and try turning it on, if same thing happens it's PSU, otherwise it might be motherboard.
Okay so I unplugged all the pin cables from the back of the PSU turned it on and it tripped the breaker the same way, that means the PSU is at fault 100% right?

Where you buy is super important info. For example, at my place the cheapest of all good models is XPG Core Reactor - if you look at Tom's review of it you could see the only problem they had with it was being too expensive compared to other Tier A models. Last week I could buy 750W for around 65$ (open box though) which is absolute steal.