Question psu turns on for split second..

So, is your PSU dead/fried ? How do you exactly know that it has indeed died ?? Any symptoms on your PC ? Your computer turned off, or there was some burning smell, and/or you are enable to boot your PC ?? How OLD is this PSU ?

List your other PC specs first. Which GPU were you using with this power supply ? You need to replace/change your current PSU, assuming it is dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Banned by Net

JAMES X

Reputable
Mar 11, 2019
So, is your PSU dead/fried ? How do you exactly know that it has indeed died ?? Any symptoms on your PC ? Your computer turned off, or there was some burning smell, and/or you are enable to boot your PC ?? How OLD is this PSU ?

List your other PC specs first. Which GPU were you using with this power supply ? You need to replace/chnage your current PSU, assuming it is dead.
i don't remmember if there was some smell...the pc is turning on and off right away..and the psu is eight years old..
List pc..
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
16.0GB RAM, 4x4GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G
By the way i bought a new one but i still trying to fix the old one...

I'm not sure if you can fix that PSU, if it has died. Won't recommend doing it either though, but from what you are saying, it seems your current PSU is faulty. That's a pretty OLD power supply unit. PSUs do age with time though.

Anyways, to narrow down the issue, check the PSU on a totally different RIG/PC. If the problem persists, then we can safely assume the PSU is dead. Though, I'm almost certain it's your power supply unit being faulty here.