Question PSU upgrade Advice, please!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
Hi All,

Hope you are all well.

I have been upgrading my acer/packardbell onetwo l5861 with the intent of playing some games. So far, I have upgraded the ram, cpu, and hdd to ssd.

I am interested in installing a gtx 1650 low profile gpu. However, I need a minimum of a 300w psu. I only have a 220 w psu.

I have a H67H2-AD motherboard. I believe it is micro atx standard. I'm not too sure what pin socket it is.

I checked the service manual and It gives a clue:

"Disconnect the 4-pin and 24-pin ATX power cables from their mainboard connectors"

I measured the size of the psu (l×w×h):
20cm × 9cm × 5.45cm

It's a rectangular one. Alot online like be quite are square, which wouldn't fit.

Please, if anyone has any information regarding a suitable psu to upgrade mine with, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou in advance ☺

is there a cable for the pcle too?
only if using a device that requires it.
most low end graphics cards run off the PCIe slot alone with no need for 8pin PCIe power cables.
If i could upgrade the casing, could I install that be quite psu that I found earlier?
any decent case will fit any standard ATX power supply.

this would definitely be the best option.
you would also see better temperatures and more options in regards to future upgrades or additions with a much nicer case than that OEM thing.

Reactions: CRT120Hz and Tac 25

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
only if using a device that requires it.
most low end graphics cards run off the PCIe slot alone with no need for 8pin PCIe power cables.

any decent case will fit any standard ATX power supply.

this would definitely be the best option.
you would also see better temperatures and more options in regards to future upgrades or additions with a much nicer case than that OEM thing.

Thankyou so much for explaining this in detail. It is greatly appreciated

Is the gtx 1650 one of those that only draws power from the pcl-e slot?

If so, then would I just need to utilise two connections (4 &24pin) when connecting the new psu to the motherboard?

Thankyou once again

Jan 2, 2023
So, how many cables do I actually have to physically connect from the psu to the motherboard?

My current understanding is one for the motherboard (24pin) and one 4 pin for the cpu.

Have I missed any? Or is there a cable for the pcle too?
Hi,

I have almost the same problem like you on my Packard Bell.
I found a more powerfull psu on this site but it don't shipping in my country. So I give up.

Hope it could be usefull for you :
https://www.newegg.com/p/1HU-026H-003Z8

Happy new year and regards !

Reactions: CRT120Hz