Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
Hey guys, I have some issues with this AcBel PSU I have. as I said here, some games (Like Half-life 2 and Mafia 2) cause the PC to set the Fan Speed to Max and the Screen appears Black until I shut it down and reboot the PC. I found out underclocking the GPU can solve the Problem but in cost of 20-30 FPS which is terrible.
After some research, I found out that this Garbage AcBel PSU I have is causing the Problem. So I found a good quality cheap available PSU (I saw these are working for 10-11 years without being unstable + long guaranty + Cheap Price).

MY CURRENT TRASH PSU
acbel.jpg

PSU I'M BUYING
green.jpg

System Specs
CPU Intel Pentium G2020
GPU NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1GB DDR5
RAM 4GBs of RAM
MOBO Gigabyte H61M S2PV (REV 2.2)
GAMING RES 1360x768 Resolution
GAMES I RUN Half-Life 2 and its 2 episodes, CSGO, Black Mesa Source, GTAV, CS Source, Gmod, PES 2017, Mafia 2

(Please don't ask about buying another PSU, in my country, this is one of them that I can purchase)

So I have this Question, Can I stabilize my Gaming by Upgrading my Trash AcBel to this Good "Green" PSU? (Which works for 10-11 years with being stable)

Lutfij

Titan
I noticed you made some posts on other threads about them having a bad PSU. In this case, you're switching out a bad PSU with an even worse PSU.

(Please don't ask about buying another PSU, in my country, this is one of them that I can purchase)
What is your budget, where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase? I will need that info to understand what you have access to. If you're not willing to parse that information, then this thread is pointless and worthy of being shut down since you might already have the answer.

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
I noticed you made some posts on other threads about them having a bad PSU. In this case, you're switching out a bad PSU with an even worse PSU.

What is your budget, where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase? I will need that info to understand what you have access to. If you're not willing to parse that information, then this thread is pointless and worthy of being shut down since you might already have the answer.
Well, Iran.
Site? its a shop. I saw many of these PSUs working for 9-10 years
Will it stabilize my gaming if I move to that Green PSU?
(cuz I noticed my trash AcBel has 276w on 12v and this green psu has 390w on 12v.)

Well, Iran.
Site? its a shop. I saw many of these PSUs working for 9-10 years
Will it stabilize my gaming if I move to that Green PSU?
(cuz I noticed my trash AcBel has 276w on 12v and this green psu has 390w on 12v.)

Both are junk power supplies... really. The +12V power output is not everything... voltage regulation, ripple, quality of the components matter more.
I've come across a lot of Dell OEM 180W 80+ Gold Delta made PSU that I'd take everyday over that green "485W" junk.

AcBel also provides PSUs for Dell prebuilts... though their units are much lower quality compared to Delta. On the other hand I've never heard of a Green PSU until now.

I'll refuse to recommend any of those 2 you posted... they're outright dangerous only looking at the label.

As @Lutfij pointed out, provide us with a store from your country and a budget.... maybe we can recommend something that won't set your house on fire, atleast.

OP needs to reconsider his priorities... the PSU supplies power to everything in your system... without it everything's dead. Getting a decent quality and reliable model is important, I suppose you don't want to throw your motherboard or another component to trash when that Green PSU fails.

You can run without a dedicated GPU for example... yes, you'll run on the iGPU and you won't be able to play the newest games, but atleast you have a working system.