Question PSU Upgrade required for HP Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF (current PSU is 240w HP 702307-001)

May 10, 2019
I have an HP 702307-001 PSU for Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF and have a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti OC low profile 4GB 128 Bit PCI E video card. I need to upgrade my PSU to at least 300-350w DO you know of any specific SFF PSU I could use or external if necessary to upgrade. any direct links would be helpful options I may have for upgrading the PSU.I also can get an adapter for the proprietary connection issue. If you know of the preferred adapter that would help as well.

[Moderator Note: Title edited as it was too long]

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea what you would use for an adapter, have not see anyone that makes them for your model, but here is a tutorial how to modify things to make it work https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/elite-desk-800-psu.1971168/

TFX power supply may work but have not seen anyone actually say that one fit https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256183

Really, upgrading small form business systems is like getting elephants to do ballet, not really made for it, and it just annoys the elephant.

If you want a faster system for the lowest price, rip out the CPU/RAM/hard drive, get a standard motherboard, power supply and case and install the old parts in that with a clean Windows setup. If you go with used parts can probably get a system for $100 or so for all 3.

May 10, 2019
Thanks for your feedback. So I upgrade the card to the 1050ti 4gb with the stock 240w PSU w/ i5 CPU. No issues at all using about 172w when gaming. Had to upgrade my monitor though. Didn't like the DVI for some reason. Switch to HDMI port and everything worked perfectly

Jun 29, 2019
Thanks for your feedback. So I upgrade the card to the 1050ti 4gb with the stock 240w PSU w/ i5 CPU. No issues at all using about 172w when gaming. Had to upgrade my monitor though. Didn't like the DVI for some reason. Switch to HDMI port and everything worked perfectly

Hi, I am looking to do this myself. May I ask what the gaming performance is like?