[SOLVED] PSU / Video Card / Motherboard Parts Picker warning

fleep

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Hello everyone,

Looking to put together a RGB build for my son and I'm not sure how concerned I should be with this warning from Parts Picker:

"The MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

I don't plan on overclocking and I have no idea if the video card is considered "large".

Here is a link to the build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fvjt8M

Do I need to find a power supply that has a 4-pin ATX connector? I've seen other builds on that site that are using that card so I'm guessing it's okay, but wanted to ask first. Alternatively, if someone can recommend a full or semi-modular RGB power supply that won't break the bank and has a 4-pin ATX power connector, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,
fleep

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX GT 29.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($83.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($94.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $814.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-24 13:35 EST-0500

Be advised that you may need to update the bios on that motherboard before the CPU will work.

Reactions: fleep
Solution