[SOLVED] PSU voltage on ground pin NZXTC850

Jul 11, 2021
I recently bought an NZXT C850 to replace my NZXT Hale82 750(2012-2013). I haven't tested PSU's before but I checked the voltage output on the 24 pin for the C850 with a multimeter. All the voltages came in at tolerance except for the 18 ground pin (which showed 31 volts output). I went ahead and did the same on my old Hale82 and every voltage output came out fine, no voltages on any ground connections at all.

Is there a way to better identify whether the newer C850 can be used with the given output? Are there any other ways to test it before I install?

Solution
Is there a way to better identify whether the newer C850 can be used with the given output? Are there any other ways to test it before I install?

It might be a sense pin. All the ground pins on the mating motherboard connector are (most likely) interconnected. I would try to short it to the ground and see if the rest are normal... Prior to shorting it, the AC cord has to be out of the wall socket.

It might be a sense pin. All the ground pins on the mating motherboard connector are (most likely) interconnected. I would try to short it to the ground and see if the rest are normal... Prior to shorting it, the AC cord has to be out of the wall socket.

Solution