PSU voltage test?

Sep 17, 2018
My computer has been running horribly lately, almost every game from PUBG, to Insurgency, to War and has been run below 30 fps. I also have had some blue screens and crashes out of games. I've been checking everything and I'm not sure if it's the PSU. All I know is that the 3.3V min is 3.26 and max is 3.296
5V min is 5.676 and max is 5.718
12V min is 13.464 and max is 13.552

I read that those should be with in 5 percent which they aren't. Could this be my problem?

Specs are
AMD 8350
MSI Gaming 970 motherboard
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB DDR3 ram
Purposes 600

Solution
That model number is for a UPS battery backup from what I can see. We need the model number and brand of your actual power supply, in the computer. If that IS the model number, then it is made by functional devices and in 30 years I've never heard of a power supply made by them. UPS backups, sure, but not PC power supplies. Can you get some better info?
Actually, your 12v readings seem incredibly HIGH. What are you using to determine those readings?

Try downloading HWinfo and see if you get the same readings.

*Download HWinfo

Or, test the unit with a multimeter, which would give you far more accurate readings. In 30 years I've never heard such thing as min/max supposed to be within any specific tolerance of each other. Only that the unit needs to be within operating tolerances, otherwise you WILL have issues of one type or another.

Manual test procedure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac7YMUcMjbw

ATX power supply specifications:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDFAQs&op=FAQ_Question&ndfaq_id=28

You are way above the maximum 12v specification if your readings are correct, and there's a good chance that they are not. If they are, you need a new PSU which wouldn't surprise me at all. What is the exact model number of your current power supply?

That model number is for a UPS battery backup from what I can see. We need the model number and brand of your actual power supply, in the computer. If that IS the model number, then it is made by functional devices and in 30 years I've never heard of a power supply made by them. UPS backups, sure, but not PC power supplies. Can you get some better info?

Solution