PSU Watt Help

bexyboo88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
Heya all,

My partners PC is not very good but got it off of his brother 2nd hand. It was originally a catalog computer, but his brother had taken it to a computer shop a year or so ago and Upgraded it to:

Windows 7, put a 1TB HDD in it, and gave it a Radeon HD 5450.

We both play World of Warcraft but his PC runs it laggy in busy areas and raids at 2 - 10 fps.

We was thinking about upgrading that naff card to something better, as research suggests its barely entry level to gaming. The only problem is that his PSU may not be powerful enough, but we are having a trouble finding out the Wattage of it.

The only thing we can see on the side of it is DCOP Watt 255 and On Watt 115 but we're not sure what this means.

Any help on this is appreciated :)

2fast4thetown_down

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

bexyboo88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
Ahh so your saying its a 255w.. wow I didn't even know they had them as low as that :/ Thats bad. I guess now it's just a decision to upgrade the psu and graphics card on an already rubbish system or just save up to get a new better one for £450ish.

Thankyou for your help.

InvalidError

Titan

This is only a guess from what you said was the only info you could see on your PSU.

Standard ATX PSUs are available in powers at least as low as 200W. In non-conventional form factors for custom ITX jobs, powers are available as low as 60W.

randomkid

Distinguished

Why don't you take a picture of your PSU to identify for sure what is the capacity. It could be that the 255W & 115W are the wattage on the different voltages & the total could be higher.