[SOLVED] PSU wattage for 5600x and 3070?

Fusion1005

Commendable
Jan 15, 2020
My friend wants to get a r5 5600x and rtx 3070, and I told him that this unit, the Corsair CXM 650w semi-modular 80+ bronze would be a good choice to power the system, but he's thinking that he'll need more wattage to OC these parts, but I still personally think that this unit can handle the OCs. Should he get a better PSU, or would this one work?

Solution
My friend wants to get a r5 5600x and rtx 3070, and I told him that this unit, the Corsair CXM 650w semi-modular 80+ bronze would be a good choice to power the system, but he's thinking that he'll need more wattage to OC these parts, but I still personally think that this unit can handle the OCs. Should he get a better PSU, or would this one work?

It's enough wattage, but I'd go with a more robust LLC platform. The double forward PSUs like the CX-M tend to make a lot of coil whine with Ampere cards.
Mar 7, 2021
that power suply is enough normally but if you are planning to oc the graphics card i would recommend a higher watt powersuply because of the powerspikes whit the 3000 series card just a recommendation

It's enough wattage, but I'd go with a more robust LLC platform. The double forward PSUs like the CX-M tend to make a lot of coil whine with Ampere cards.

Solution